S P Setia Bhd's Setia Alam pricing homes in on KL's
• The 2,500-acre BSA (Setia Alam) township was launched in 2004. The price of linkhouses measuring 18x65 ft has appreciated from RM170k to RM280k while those measuring 20x70 have gone up from RM220k to RM380k. Shopoffices launched in 2004 at RM800k are now transacted at RM1.2m.
• The 50%-owned 791-acre Setia Eco Park, which is next to BSA, is 35% developed. Semi-Ds of 3,000 sq ft built-up are now transacting at RM1.3m compared to their 2006 launch price of RM720k. Slightly more than 1,000 homes have been developed. In a launch on 8 Aug, 74 semi-Ds priced from RM1.7m enjoyed a take-up rate of 60%. (Seem like High End property appreciate much faster than ...)
• BSA has been a hive of activity in recent weeks. On 31 Jul, 76 double-storey links priced at RM518k achieved 93% take-up while 64 semi-Ds (built-up from 3,005 sqft) priced at RM968k were fully sold. On Aug 7, 52 semi-Ds (built-up from 1,749 sqft) with price tags of RM450k were all taken up while 60 three-storey semi-Ds (built-up from 4,663 sq ft) priced at RM1.6m were 75% sold.
• The 250-acre Setia City will see the completion of the 700,000 sq ft Setia City Mall in 1Q2012. Anchor tenants are Golden Screen Cinemas and Parkson. Setia City will also include SP Setia’s new HQ, a medical centre, colleges, office buildings, condominiums and possibly a hotel. Two commercial lots next to Setia City Mall have been sold to Khind Holdings and Top Glove.
• SP Setia is planning to build condos adjacent to Setia City Mall. It is looking at units measuring 800-1,000 sq ft, with an indicative price of RM500 psf (Crazy, this place also selling at RM500psf !). Also in the planning stages is a convention centre with a capacity of 150-200 tables.
The total GDV of the township is RM17bn – RM7bn BSA, RM3bn Setia Eco Park and RM7bn Setia City. Only RM3bn (RM2bn BSA and RM1bn Setia Eco Park) has been developed. It will take another 8-10 years to complete (Means still got room to grow??) and should remain the group’s main contributor for many more years.