Saturday, August 7, 2010

Investment advice from three property millionaires - StarProperty.my


Investment advice from three property millionaires - StarProperty.my

Some FAQ from property expert. Some highight below which I think quite important to pay attention to...

Question: Please share the best location for commercial properties.
Wong: For commercial, you must look at the amenities, population and human and car traffic. If at a location, you can’t find parking, the property appreciation will be huge. I go for locations with more supply than demand. And I also purchase the best lots, which are corner or adjoining units.

Question: Should I refinance my paid property?
Ng: One must love to borrow money. By borrowing, you are able to buy a few more properties. In a few years, the properties will appreciate and then when you refinance, you can buy more properties. Some people, they have a phobia of borrowing money from the bank. They are not able to sleep at night. If you are such a personality, then please do not refinance (laughs).

Question: Should I resign?
Wong: In year 2002 to 2004, I was still working. You should get good cashflow before resigning. Employment is good for getting loans. The job is the vehicle for you to get loans for property investment.

Question: I have a limited budget. Should I buy high-end or low cost?
Doshi: A few high-end or many low cost units. You can use the No-Money-Down strategy to buy many medium or low cost units. If it is a high-end unit, you can go for commercial. Personally, I would rather not buy a high-end condominium. If a unit is more than RM800,000, at that level the tenant pool is small as there’s an oversupply. In Bangkok, there’s more than 100,000 expatriates while Malaysia has about 30,000 to 40,000 expatriates.

No comments:

Post a Comment