Saturday, June 26, 2010

External Factor - College

Is your investment property is next to a college, is it a good sign?

At first glance, most of the people will say GOOD, as it is easier to rent out .. I think the same last time, until I own one.

I bought a condominium, next to UCSI college. That was 7-8 years ago, bought at RM156k from developer directly.

Yes, it is true, is is very easy to rent it out to student, with good rental yield. Partly furnish unit can rent at RM1200 onwards, fully furnish can rent at RM1400-RM1600. I can get few hundreds extra cash per month. I guess it is quite a good buy for rental based investment.

However the property price is stagnant at around RM180-RM190k at year 2009. Means is only increase of RM3-4k per year? This is not very good in term of appreciation. Why a condo a strategic location, the capital appreciation is so bad?

You can view the video clips below to get the answer.....





Is it good to have colleage next to your property ? Mmm.....

Mr A: I dont stay there what, as long as rental is good then dont care lar
Mr B: Only appreciate RM3k-4k per year...ai...

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment